Full-Time Corporate Actions Director (ID-5399)
- Being a member of the Asset Services Team, the Corporate Actions Director will identify gaps in procedures and training, work with team leads to strengthen the control environment, improve the performance of the department, and provide direction and guidance to team leads to ensure departmental communication is clear and reaches all team members.
- In addition, the Corporate Actions Director will interact with partners and clients when appropriate to resolve processing issues, respond to client feedback, lead department projects and initiatives, delegate tasks where appropriate to foster an environment of developing junior staff, and provide opportunities for talent to grow.
- Provide direction, oversight of processing activities, achievement of metrics and benchmarks, and adherence to controls and risk management activities; develop and implement long term strategies and ensure execution of strategic goals at a divisional level.
- Take decisive and corrective action, both short and long term, by applying enhanced crisis management/risk mitigation skills. Use subject matter expertise to review and enhance the control environment and identify and implement operational improvements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for audits and other risk management activities with accountability for results. Lead all aspects of responses and action plans as applicable and ensure compliance with final recommendations/action plans.
- Provide strategic direction related to the design, development, and maintenance of procedures. Ensure that procedures are continually followed and updated as new products or services are introduced.
- Communicate effectively to a high stake’s audience, functional areas, and partner groups. Adapt style based on audience and clearly articulate technical information in a way that is easily understood by recipients.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners internally (cross-GBO colleagues, Product Management, Application Development) and externally (participants, paying agents, industry groups)
- Effectively lead a multi-site and diverse workforce. Be a strong talent evaluator with focus on developing others to perform by providing ongoing feedback; set development goals and hold management team accountable to attain them.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of business line products, service offerings, and financial securities (how they are structured and processed at DTCC)
- Ensure performance against departmental benchmarks and other metrics based on divisional and corporate standards. Establish business targets to increase efficiency and reduce risk.
- Own and participate in department level projects. Contribute to programs involving major system enhancements or redesigns and work with Project Directors, IT, and Product Management to ensure systems meet operational quality and processing standards.
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors, and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Inspire teams to constructively challenge established views.
- Encourage different approaches or ways of working.
- Present information clearly in writing and orally in larger group settings
- Convince others on key topics by presenting persuasive arguments and alternative approaches.
- Set an example for others by personally embracing change.
- Build ownership for change by empowering others to lead change initiatives.
Provide direction, oversight of processing activities, achievement of metrics and benchmarks, and adherence to controls and risk management activities; develop and implement long term strategies and ensure execution of strategic goals at a divisional level.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Extensive Corporate Actions experience
- Risk Management
- Strong Leadership Skills – Seeking a candidate who can motivate, inspire, and lead a team directly, empower junior staff and foster an environment for talent growth resonates with the need for effective leadership.
- Analytical Abilities – Making strategic decisions, identifying operational improvements, and managing risks effectively within the corporate action’s domain.
- Experience working with any of these banks: JPMorgan Chase & Co. / Bank of America / Merrill Lynch (A subsidiary of Bank of America) / Citigroup (CitiBank) / Goldman Sachs / Barclays / Deutsche Bank / Broadridge Financial Solutions / Raymond James Financial
- INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1st Round with Hiring Manager / 2nd Round will be In-Person Interview / 3rd Round will be Final Interview
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive.
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location.
- Pension / Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- flexible/hybrid model of 3 days onsite and 2 days remote (onsite Tuesdays, Wednesdays and a third day unique to each team or employee).