Full-Time Research Scientist
This is an exciting opportunity for a bioanalytical scientist to join our staff at our San Jose facility and work on novel projects involving drug-device combinations for treating chronic diseases with the potential to dramatically change patient outcomes. Position, salary, and benefits are commensurate with experience. All full-time salaried employees are offered an attractive compensation package which includes medical insurance benefits, relocation, 401K, and paid vacation. In addition, all full-time salaried employees receive option grants.
The ideal candidate is expected to play a pivotal role in our R & D team. The candidate must have a background in medical device or pharmaceutical testing and regulatory development. Experience in preclinical and clinical research is a must. The candidate must have a background in biochemistry and/or pharmaceutical sciences with experience in biochemical analysis of proteins and peptides with spectrophotometric, fluorescence, immunoassays, HPLC, and LC-MS/MS techniques. Hands on experience with HPLC and immunoassays are a must. Hands on experience with LC-MS/MS is an advantage.
- Plan, develop, and execute method development for the analysis of biologics using HPLC chromatography techniques
- Perform bioanalytical assays for the quantification of analytes in in vitro, preclinical, and clinical samples
- Analyze, manage, and present resulting data from bioanalytical assays to multidisciplinary teams
- Independently carry out technical aspects of assigned projects including but not limited to biologic formulation, drug product process development, and characterization
- Executes experiments based on established protocols and implements improvements with limited supervision by identifying and interpreting problems in the experimental processes or data
- Participate in the development of in vitro/in vivo models by performing a variety of microplate assays independently with minimal supervision
- Configure, program, and troubleshoot laboratory automated platforms
- Optimize existing automated processes to improve efficiency, throughput, robustness, and quality
- Understand the principles, concepts, and methodology governing the work performed
- Fully understands the rationale and hypotheses for experimental designs
- Demonstrates solid technical skills and working familiarity with laboratory procedures and processes
- Reads and understands scientific literature directly related to his/her experiments, as assigned
- Performs literature searches independently and begins to interpret results
- Begins to acquire an understanding of the scientific implications of scientific literature for his/her projects/functions
- Performs routine data management tasks including recording results effectively in a laboratory notebook or computer independently (i.e., tabulating and graphing results)
- Support regulatory efforts through understanding of relevant standards and interpretation of FDA Guidance documents.
- Actively participate in company-wide research meetings, including making detailed scientific presentations.
- Work cooperatively with scientists, personnel in other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates effectively as a member of a team within his/her laboratory/project
- Proactively seeks assistance, when necessary, from other scientists to solve problems with procedural protocols
- Promotes exchange of ideas and information
LABORATORY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains cleanliness in his/her own work area and in communal work areas
- Responsibly ensures adequate maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment
- Responsible for his/her own safety in the laboratory, and alertness for the safety of co-workers and visitors
- Learns safety requirements for his/her laboratory. Attends safety training, as appropriately needed