Full-Time Real Estate Loan Underwriter
As a Real Estate Loan Underwriter you are responsible underwriting Real Estate mortgage loans that conform to secondary market guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Reviews and tracks the mortgage pipeline report to ensure timely processing of files. Assures timely requests for property appraisals, credit reports, verification of employment or income, and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Communicates with applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Is knowledgeable reviewing and analyzing Federal business tax returns for the self-employed borrower.
- Underwrites loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to establishment standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Approves loan within specified limits or refers to ALMI committee for approval.
- Ensures loan agreements/documents are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for residential real estate loans.
- Advises manager of external factors that may affect established lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to establishment policies and procedures.
- Promotes and cross-sells credit union products and services as appropriate to member requirements.
- Assists members with inquiries and information requests, and resolves complaints relating to loan products and services offered.
- Assist in the training and coaching of mortgage personnel as necessary.
- Assists in overseeing the general functions of the Real Estate Lending department in the absence of the manager and performs duties of Real Estate Manager as necessary.
- High School Diploma or General Education degree (GED).
- 2-4 years of experience as a loan processor or prior experience as Real Estate mortgage loan underwriter.
If acting as a Mortgage Loan Originator, (MLO), will be required to be registered in the National Mortgage Licensing Registry. (NMLR) Responsible for initial registration in NMLS database and for maintaining personal information. Data must be accurate and up-to-date. Must abide by all requirements of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act as outlined in the procedure manual.
Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays
Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!