Freelance Project Manager (Institutional Trade Flow and Trade Processing business)
This role is contract to hire
Work directly with clients and internal business partners to manage the project life cycle and coordinate the implementation of ITP solutions. Expectations include an ability to build rapport and develop relationships with internal and external partners, manage client expectations, utilize strong project management skills to manage activities/resources, and ensure targeted completion dates are achieved.
- Serve as the business analyst/project manager for each client engagement. Manage project scope and timeline to ensure all deliverables meet established quality standards and client expectations. Act as the primary client point of contact. Successfully engage in multiple client projects simultaneously. Communicate proactively and regularly with management regarding project updates.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements gathering meetings, workflow analysis and develop recommendations based on experience gathered from past client engagements.
- Develop and document project artifacts, as needed, using standard templates (e.g. Business Requirements Document, Conformance Tests, Project Status Reports).
- Accountable for project success and the resolution of all issues that arise during the project life cycle.
- Lead regular project status meetings with clients to provide project status updates as required in client contracts.
- Support clients during client test activities. Monitor client progress during initial production rollout and successfully handover to Production Support teams.
- Make recommendations to Product Management for enhancements to products identified during client projects.
- Participate in internal Cross Functional initiatives.
- Assist with other miscellaneous duties, as requested, by the Integration Manager.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with Masters preferred or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated project management and application integration skills required, PMP certified desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the Financial Services industry with understanding of the Institutional Trade Flow and Trade Processing business e.g. STP and current securities industry initiatives.
- Knowledge of collateral management and settlement workflow as it pertains to unregulated margin products such as over-the-counter derivatives governed by ISDA agreements structure; (preferable but not mandatory).
- Experience with similar business/application messaging systems and protocols highly desirable
- Must have extensive client facing experience with proven ability to effectively manage client expectations and concerns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate information/issues clearly and succinctly to technical/non-technical colleagues and clients. Demonstrated problem-solving capability and analytical skills
Demonstrated project management and application integration skills, PMP certified desirable.
Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the Financial Services industry with an understanding of the Institutional Trade Flow and Trade Processing business e.g. STP and current securities industry initiatives.
Extensive client-facing experience with proven ability to effectively manage client expectations and concerns
NICE TO HAVE
Knowledge of collateral management and settlement workflow as it pertains to unregulated margin products such as over-the-counter derivatives governed by ISDA agreements structure; (preferable but not mandatory).