Full-Time Director 2 – Facilities Operations
Seeking an experienced Facilities Director to support a location for one of our global partners in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Facilities Director will be responsible for plant operations and facilities engineering services. This includes, but is not limited to preventative maintenance, repairs, improvements, renovation, and presentation of all building, grounds, and has full oversight to a fast-paced team of 30 direct reports.
- Plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the operations and reliability of client’s facilities and general infrastructure systems. Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance processes and programs and facility inspection processes for on-going review of maintenance and/or janitorial work internally or by subcontractors
- Supervises skilled administrative services and technical/support staff. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines, and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary
- Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures, and processes in support of grounds and building maintenance operations; implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes
- Administers procurement and fiscal management activities associated with building and grounds maintenance activities, which may include: RFPs, and contracts for storeroom and maintenance related work to acquire trades and professional assistance; monitoring spending on project and cost account basis; recommending and implementing corrective spending plans; reviewing and authorizing purchase orders; administering contracts; obtaining price quotes and bids; purchasing and approving employee purchases; ensuring compliance with company policies; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Trouble-shoots and responds to after-hour issues as needed regarding the operational aspects of the facilities such as HVAC issues, fire alarm malfunctions, electrical outages, water leaks, etc
- Monitors the safety and accessibility of the client facilities. Serves as the point of contact for the department for code (e.g. ADA, Fire Life Safety) compliance issues, accessibility improvement projects, and/or other code related issues
- Updates and maintains list of in-scope facilities equipment, including life-cycle and replacement costs
- Monitors and oversees the work of external contractors to ensure terms of agreements are met and work is completed satisfactorily
- Leads the development and administration of grounds and building maintenance budget; coordinates the allocation of resources following budget approval; recommends approval of expenditures
- Collects and analyzes a variety of complex data and information, including utility costs and usage. Performs statistical analysis and summarizes findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums
- Participates in/on a variety of client facing engagements (e.g. meetings, committees (including chairing), task forces, and/or other related groups) to communicate information regarding services, programs, areas of opportunity, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate
- Serves as a liaison with other departments/business units and external agencies (as applicable) in order to provide information on available resources, projects, and/or services
- As part of the department’s Emergency Management (Incident Command System) essential personnel requires after hour and 24/7 on-call for response as needed.
- Basic education requirement-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic management experience- 5 years.
- Basic functional experience- 5 years.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MAXIMO, and SAP
- 5 + years’ management experience in hands-on operational roles within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Ability to promote good working relationships with management team, frontline team members, and the client
- Active participant who is self-motivated, always demonstrates a positive & professional demeanor
- Proven leader and has led a team of managers to become a high performing team
- Excellent planning/organizing skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable presenting information to large groups
- Excellent working knowledge of processes in production, quality, and familiar with FDA requirements
- Attention to detail
- The ability to effectively prioritize work with competing priorities
- Ability to manage complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple locations
- Can demonstrate large operational improvements in production processes, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to successfully achieve positive results.
- Someone who has experience Lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Proven safety record that has creative ways to enhance and improve the safety culture.
Working for us:
We culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Basic education requirement- Bachelor’s degree
5 year of experience in Management and Functional.
Experience in hands-on operational roles within an industrial or manufacturing environment.
Knowledge in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MAXIMO, and SAP.
NICE TO HAVE:
Experience in Lean manufacturing.