Full-Time CNC Machinist Level 4
Company provides comprehensive solutions across the entire product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense, advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
Help us succeed by doing your part as a member of our manufacturing team as a CNC Lathe or Mill Machinist. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and honors performance. The work environment is both challenging & rewarding. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do & take pride in their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists Engineering in planning sequence of operations, determines cutting tools to be used, method of holding, aligning work, & machine speeds & feeds associated with CNC Lathe and/or Mill operations, etc.
· Independently set up & run CNC Lathes with & without live-tooling and/or CNC Mills to complete all operations within its capacity.
·Works from drawings, specifications, set-up sheets, & verbal instructions.
· Performs program edits and/or programs at the machine control & performs all required adjustments to cutting tool offsets.
· Recognizes improper machine functioning or cutting & develops procedures for corrective action.
· Provides unbiased, proactive feedback to Engineering/Programming for process improvements.
· Inspects work to detailed drawings or sketches using precision measuring devices/instruments.
· Works with the inspection department as required to ensure product conformance.
· Performs daily machine preventative maintenance (fluid levels, pressures, cleaning).
· Report to work on time & follow instructions from the Department Lead and Supervisor. Must interact well with co-workers in a team-oriented environment & understand & follow work-place rules & procedures.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Must adhere to & support safe work environment policies & 6S & lean manufacturing principles.
Position Requirements – Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· A solid, working knowledge of general machining practices & blueprint reading.
· Minimum of ten years of experience and/or training on CNC lathes and/or Mills, measuring devices, & inspection methods.
· Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to read & interpret documents such as, but not limited to, engineering drawings, tool designs, safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals.
· Ability to write simple correspondence & to speak & present information as may be needed to individuals or small groups & as may be required to complete work orders or other job-related communication needs.
· Ability to perform basic shop math calculations in the course of assigned work scope.
· Must have thorough understanding of CNC machine function & G-Code language.
High School Diploma or GED.
Geographical Location: Arizona: Tempe
Physical Location: Tempe, AZ – Southern Ave
Shift: Shift 2
Work Schedule: M-Th 1530-0200
Benchmark is an equal opportunity employer. We are bringing together a diverse workforce with unique talents, life experiences, cultures, and perspectives to promote an innovative, collaborative, and creative place to work.
High School Diploma or GED.
10 years of experience in and/or training on CNC lathes or Mills, measuring devices, & inspection methods.
Thorough understanding of CNC machine functions & G-Code language
Ability and willingness to work in the second shift – II Monday – Thursday – 15:30 to 2:00
Open to cross training on multiple machines