Full-Time Automation Engineer
- Seeking an experienced candidate to serve as Automation Engineer at the Valley View & Stow, Ohio facilities.
- The Site Automation Engineer will develop and execute the site automation strategy, safely advancing automation using the latest technologies and industry practices.
- The Valley View and Stow facilities are part of the our Electronics & Industrial business located in the greater Cleveland, OH area near Interstate 77, Interstate 480, and the Ohio Turnpike.
- The Valley View facility employs ~180 people while the Stow facility employs ~40 people.
- Both sites manufacture compression molded, close tolerance-machined composite parts for major aerospace, commercial, and military aircraft engine manufacturers worldwide.
- Develop strategies, proposals, improvements, solutions, and plans for improving machine operator interfacing and automating processes using the latest technologies.
- Implement automation and/or robotics to safely automate processes and assist or supplement operators.
- Assist maintenance mechanics with technical controls troubleshooting.
- Provide coaching and support to operators regarding automation and machinery controls.
- Provide guidance and develop automation capabilities of the site.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to provide solutions for manufacturing challenges.
- Justify, lead, and execute capital and improvement projects.
- Partner with outside machine builders and integrators to provide turn-key solutions.
- Participate in the Management of Change process and Pre-Start Up Safety Reviews.
- Promote machine safety, develop safe automated processes.
- Apply engineering theory, practices, and principles to perform failure analysis to determine root cause of equipment failures and conduct machinery performance evaluations.
- Actively participate in the company-wide Automation & Process Control network, share best practices, successes and failures, leverage network learnings.
- Produce technical documentation and presentations.
- Collaborate with operators, production specialists, manufacturing engineers, maintenance engineer, and maintenance mechanics.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical discipline.
- Years of experience in applicable professional role and certification(s) in lieu of degree may be considered.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of automation engineering experience in a manufacturing setting. Co-op experience can be included.
- Knowledge of CNC machinery, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Experience in robot programming, implementation, and integration with other machinery.
- Experience in machine controls including but not limited to PLC programming and ladder logic, process and temperature PID controllers, and data logging.
- Experience in vision systems is preferred.
- Experience in machine safety and safety controls.
- Experience with industrial machinery electrical.
- Familiarity of industry and corporate standards and industry best practices.
- Ability to create and interpret technical schematics and electrical drawings.
- Ability to utilize CAD software (SolidWorks preferred), and Excel.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Systematic decision-making, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively self-manage, plan, prioritize, and execute multiple concurrent projects/initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written communication) with the ability to collaborate with leaders, peers, operators, and technicians.
- Ability to build, lead, and work as a team member in a respectful manner in a diverse work environment.
- Project Management, leadership, planning, and organization experience.
- Proven commitment, focus, and effectiveness in advancing core values.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical discipline. Years of experience in applicable professional role and certification(s) in lieu of degree may be considered.
Minimum of 2-3 years of automation engineering experience in a manufacturing setting. Co-op experience can be included
Ability to utilize CAD software (SolidWorks preferred), and Excel
Ability to create and interpret technical schematics and electrical drawings
Position located in Valley View, Ohio – offer comes with relocation assistance; prefer locals – Hybrid working model, the role is split 60/40 or 70/30 between two sites (Valley View and Stow). Working remotely would be minimal and as needed for tasks like programming.